Wednesday, June 02, 2004

fatima's letter...

Wednesday, June 02, 2004
March 24, 2004



Dearest Ate Jas,



ATE JAYMEE, Congratulations! You have gone through four tough years of high school and finished it with flying colors! Good for you!



You know what, I admire you for the things that you have gained through your high school years. Besides knowledge, recognition, and even failure, you also got yourself STRENGTH – something that not all people get and use wisely. You were very strong in a lot ways but I will never forget the strength you have, especially during the times when you were alone or different. And I know some people may have told you already, you truly are one of a kind. And really life is hard but one must enjoy it.



You know what, this June, when the classes start, a lot of things will change… I will be missing the times that we would have band with Sir Em and the many instances that we have lunch in the canteen with endless and pointless conversations. I will never forget the times that we had in the library and the fact that you helped me with many of my assignments in that place. I will remember the bondings we had at the Batibot everytime I pass by that spot and also the times we shared during the many activities of Bene Kalinga. I will miss the times that I would spend with you when we were both waiting for our sundo, just with our songs and our stories to feed on. I will never ever regret that Sarah and I were with you on your first and last lakwatsa just before you get your diploma… Hay, a lot of things will definitely change, especially without you around. Thank you for all the memories and I know that those wouldn’t be our last ones…



I want to be a friend that you are to me with other people in the band (like Sarah). I also want to be of help to her when she needs some and be her company when she doesn’t have anybody else. You know why? ‘Coz the friend you are to me is something that is unusual yet unforgettable, plus a whole lot of FUN! Iba rin kase ‘yung feeling na may mabuting kaibigan (ATE) sa ibang batch…



Sorry if I have become such a pain in the gluteus maximus. I know there were loads of times, and I hope that you will find it in your left and right atrium and left and right ventricle to forgive me. (Guess what, I got a 90% on my FBZ exam [kaya lang andaming naka 90+] ! Thanks sa book!)



Thank you nga pala for listening to my problems sa love life… Thanks talaga for listening… And if you need a listener too, I’ll be around with both my manos and ears open for you…



Well, in the real world, I wish for you all the best or just all the things you want them to be. Be who you want to be in that world, but I hope you are still my Ate whatever happens… Anyway, big sis, thanks for everything… God bless…



“A teacher is someone who takes your hand, opens your mind, and touches your heart.”

-Anonymous



Ate Jas, by being my friend, you took both my hands, opened my eyes and mind and touched the bottom of my heart…



Love,

Fatima Cecilia C. Catangui – ******* – *********** – **********@yahoo.com - fats!



0 comments: