When we were still together, Sunday was our special day. She didn't have work, and I didn't have school. She'd wake me up by lying down beside me and hugging me. I'd then pretend to be grumpy because she woke me up (sometimes I'm really grumpy haha. It's Sunday! I want to sleep!).
The afternoons would be spent by going to the mall or by just bumming at home watching TV (we didn't yet have cable so sometimes we'd rent VCDs at Video City) and eating a lot.
When I was already in high school I became very busy with schoolwork even during Sundays (kinarir ko ang high school!), but still we spent time with each other because she taught me how to do my Math. Once when I was sick she went home early from work and we watched our stock of VHS. She ordered pizza because I didn't want to eat (hindi uso ang pizza dati, pag may special occasion lang kumakain ng pizza). This brings me to remember that once when I was a kid, she bought me a pack of my favorite white chocolate when I got sick.
In short she always takes care of me.
It has been almost four years since we were together. I am not sure when we're going to meet in person again. The last time she called she just told me all about her Nintendo DS. She let me hear Mario talk when her console is booted. I am still my Ate's little sister. She still sends me boxes of Crayola and stickers and notebooks. She mails me news clippings about interesting articles like CC the cloned kitty, et al. She also gave me my first digital camera. But now we could also talk about CSR and resource mobilization. I could now tell her about my thesis and she would listen and tell me that there are similar projects in Canada. She gives me links to websites that I could refer to for ideas and tips. We don't talk about our Neopets much anymore as I've dropped mine already (ate, is yours still alive?).
Before she left the country last August 2002 she slipped a picture of the two of us in my Algebra book and at the back she said that one day we'd go on a tour and eat cheese. :) I am uncertain when that will be, but tour or no tour seeing her would be greater than the whole world.
I love you, my sister. :)
Jaye and Jaymee at Jollibee last October 2004 (she came home for Kuya's wedding)

1 comments:
love you very much! may you be blessed all your life.
ate jaye
Post a Comment