22 January 2011
Dear Friend,
Shalom.
It is my desire to go to Spain this August 2011. I am looking forward to two things—the MAGIS experience, and the World Youth Day. They say experience is the best teacher. I am excited to experience new things and learn a lot of things from this trip. I look forward to the Ignatian formation that MAGIS will provide in Loyola—the very roots of our Father Ignatius. I am excited with this description written in the MAGIS website: “Twenty days to SHARE your time with other young adults, to CELEBRATE life, to LEARN something about yourself, about our world, and about God. A chance to PRAY for growth. Time to ACCOMPANY other people and to take a look into others stories. To LIVE TOGETHER in this way, perhaps you will discover many other reasons that make this life a fascinating opportunity.” (www.magis2011.org/) In the World Youth Day, I am excited to be united with millions of young people to proclaim our Faith.
I’ve always believed that formation is an investment in the goodness of the human person. Now I am writing to ask you to invest in me. I’ve never been good at selling stuff, but here I am now, taking this opportunity to ask you to invest in me. Let me tell you a bit more about myself—I am Jaymee Duran, I earn just enough by working full time in the Christian Life Community (CLC) Formation Institute. I handle the formation of our youth members and outside clients. Think: Campus Ministry but outside the structure of a school. I believe that this trip to Spain would make me a better person, a better minister for the youth.
I need to raise USD 2,000.00 to go to Spain. I only have a little, but when we put together all our “littles” then it becomes much. “Little becomes much when we put it in the Master’s hands.” It would be just enough for that trip to Spain. I’ve been always amazed by the gospel of the multiplication of the bread. Through it I’ve learned to trust that God will indeed provide.
Will you help me with this desire of mine? Will you share your “little” and with me put it in the Master’s hand? My bank account details are Banco de Oro, account name Jasmine Marie Elaine Duran, account number 1560130146. Please inform me for any deposits made for proper documentation and acknowledgment.
¡Muchas gracias! Vaya con Dios.
Hoping for your generosity,
Jaymee Duran
0916-4137987 | jaymeeduran@yahoo.com
Does anyone still LJ
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment