What is your chair?
Usually, a chair is for a single person only. It has a backrest, and sometimes armrests, too. But since I am a person who loves working in large spaces, I would prefer a bench as my chair.
I would love those benches made up of wood, preferably with a dark color, carved with intricate patterns that only the mind could decipher. It would be a long bench - a bench that could accommodate up to 12 people at a time.
The bench would not only fulfill my need for space, but it would also give me a chance to socialize with other people. If I wanted to, I could let others sit with me on my bench. Twelve people sitting on a bench, doing all sorts of stuff would be wonderful! We could all chat about never-ending topics, think about the most recent issues, read books, sing songs, party, or just simply sit down and bum around.
If I wanted to, I could sit on the middle of the bench signifying that I do not want others to sit with me. This would give me a sense of solitude - a time to reflect and ponder on things. It will give me a chance to use my inner eye. I could be like Wordsworth, only that I would be on a bench not on a couch. I could wander off, flying on the clouds, but all the while staying on the ground.
A bench would be very nice. The possible activities that come with it are endless. My bench could be shared with others, or shared with my ego. In any way, if no one was sitting on it, it would just be a bench. Its uniqueness is on its sitters.
Duran, Jasmine Marie Elaine A.
I AB Literature (English)
Does anyone still LJ
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment