Scott Peck’s description involves 4 elements:
a. Teleological – genuine love can be distinguished and specified by its fruit or end-result – Spiritual growth
b.There is only one love that embraces both parties. One love should lead to the spiritual growth of both parties. It is not as though there are two moments of love: first I will love myself and then in a second and subsequent moment as it were, I will love the other party
c. Genuine love involves real effort. It’s not always easy. It’s not always driven by strong and sheer emotion
d. Genuine love is an act of the will; it should be an exercise of genuine freedom
from Th131 notes, Ch1 (Fr. Dacanay)
Kasi naman eh! :) dulot iyan ng 9am chat with Chris about responding with love. "What is the most loving thing to do?" I ask that question every time I do an action, yet more often than not I still am not able to do the action which is "more loving." I still have to learn a lot of things in life. I am not perfect, and I admit that I have done a lot of mistakes that I am ashamed of.
But I should not give up the fight to love. I am continually struggling to be able to do the most loving thing in every action that I do.
hay, but I admit, this struggle is not easy..
Does anyone still LJ
10 years ago

2 comments:
True, what really matters is that we continue to fight to love. We are not perfect. We are not always good and it's hard to be good all the time. But what matters is the hope that remains in us, believing that we can still change into better persons of love. God shall embrace us still. :)
Thanks a lot, Cheenee.
Post a Comment