Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ate Jaymee, ang yaya ng mga DS

Thursday, November 29, 2007
I'm appreciating it so much now. I really am the "ate" now.

Lately I've been hanging around more (either magkasama talaga, or just thru text, chat, or emails) with my younger coursemates. From the start of the year I said to myself that I would take care of these students and make them feel the sense of family in our dear course. I may not have really fulfilled all my tasks and responsibilities as the HR Executive of DevSoc with all the difficulties we faced/are facing in the group this year, but the one thing I am most proud of is that I've genuinely shown cura personalis to my coursemates.

During the summer, when I took that one week shift as the department secretary, I got to make sure that my Juniors would have their classes. Even at 10 in the evening someone would text me and ask about the advisement and stuff. A sem later, the same people would still text me and ask for advise on what classes to take. Now I'm beginning to get into the crowd of the sophomores and the freshmen. I had lunch with three of my sophomores (hi Xie, Tine, and Evie!) yesterday and it was just so heartwarming talking about what they wanted to do, what they thought of DS101 (they are currently taking it), and all those. It's nice to just talk to these individuals, and not talk about schoolwork, or about DevSoc. Yun kasi ang nangyayari lately eh. We've been all boxed up by acads and even org work that we have forgotten to get to know the other Others around us. Yikes, Ricouer (haha, di niyo mage-gets). Tapos the two freshmen that I met (well, I met them before, but we weren't able to really talk) last Monday gave me a lot of responsibility. Ako na nga talaga ang "Ate" nila.

I think I want to continue this, even if in 12 weeks I'll be finishing my senior year, I want to continue getting to know each DS student. I want to make sure that they stay in the program (but if they really have to shift out, it's also okay. ayos lang sa akin yun, kung doon talaga siya inclined.. 'diba my friend?). I want to make sure that they feel that they belong in this family. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ako din yaya ng Nintendo DS..ha..ha.

Anonymous said...

akin nalang Nintendo DS mo. - jym