Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bookshelves and Parents

Wednesday, August 19, 2009
I'm so excited! My parents bought me that bookshelf that I've been dreaming of for a long time already. I promised myself that I'd buy that bookshelf when I get a full time job, but I think my parents felt how I really really really wanted to have it na so they bought it this afternoon. It will be delivered to our house on Friday. It feels like Christmas :)

Finally I'll be able to fix all my books! Maybe if my books are organized I'd be more encouraged to read more. My books are just piled on my desk, and I don't want them to be that way actually. Nagugusot! I also have some piles in the other room, but I couldn't really put it in my room yet as I don't have anywhere to put it in yet. So yun. Nakatambak lang lahat! Time to fix my life--starting with my room! Whoo.

I love my parents. Not just because they give me material things (e.g. that bookshelf, and the new lens of my glasses which cost PhP1k, et al), but because of the deeper reason behind why they give me these things. Just this evening, I was struck with what JenTan told me. I was telling her about how my parents have spent a lot of money for me (especially for those weeks in "Antartica" haha). I felt guilty that they had to spend that amount. She just said "Someday when you have your daughter, you will do the same for her because you love her."

"...Because you love her." That's just it. They love me. No amount of money could equal that. Even a year in "Antartica" would not come close.

That's love. :)











♥

2 comments:

boboykid said...

Wow, a bookshelf! Never really heard somebody being gifted an entire book shelf. That's really cool!

For my part, I'd rather wish my siblings actually read the books I've bought and left behind at home to read, sigh. Haha.

But I do agree with what you shared beautifully, that perhaps one day when we become parents, and stewards to the young of our own, the vastness of our parent's love will dawn upon us and be realized by our hearts for what they genuinely are. I wish we could repay that love fully and cherish it, even now when we are kids (to an extent) still.

bookshelves said...

good for you! I need some new bookshelves too I hope I’ll buy them soon.