Monday, August 10, 2009

Denied and Discerning

Monday, August 10, 2009
Okay, first official blog entry on this topic.

So I got the results of my Canadian Tourist Visa application, and I was denied. And because of that, it got me to start discerning on the next steps.

When the courier got my application form, I stopped thinking of what I should do. Haha. I just thought about the things I could do in Canada--write, read books, hang out with Ate, go on a food trip with TJ and Jam, be all sabaw with Inca, meet with other relatives, experience my first winter, walk all over town, ride trains to anywhere, and whatever else. Everybody said that the visa was a sure shot. It was so easy to get one since it's just a tourist visa. Everybody said that I'll get the visa, and I should because I needed that break.

But I didn't get it. I was denied.

Then it dawned on me. What do I do next? I can't bum around for the next six months (I was supposed to stay in Canada for six months).

While I was waiting for the results of the application, Allan told me that there was an opening at CLCP, and I felt that I liked it. I felt that it was for me. But I was unsure because I was waiting for the embassy. It was frustrating. Haha, it was like "Bakit ngayon ka lang dumating sa buhay ko?"

When I got the news that I was denied, I told Allan about it, and his immediate answer was "Interested ka pa ba sa CLC?" Haha. That was so reassuring. I'm beginning to think that I was denied because I have things to do here.

But still, I am discerning. There are still fears within me. Am I now ready for a full time job? Will I do better this time? Is this work for me? Or even, am I for this work?


I'm still discerning.








Pray with me.

0 comments: